Wednesday 13 June 2012

Macbook Pro Retina

The slight dilema :D



So I've done some thinking, I am hopefully going to recieve an upgrade for my macbook pro if my iGCSE results come out good (Fingers crossed). Since I'm a student and spend around a 60/40 split between school and home my previous plan of a laptop + desktop starts to make less sense. In light of that I've 80% decided to splash out and by the high end MBPR. I have considered other laptops however all of them seem to have compromises of weight or sheer size.

The other laptops I've considered so far are:

Dell XPS 15 - Not Ivy bridge yet and the graphics will probably turn out to be slower
M14x R2 - Too big and heavy
Asus Timeline X - Much slower 768p screen
HP Envy 15 - Heavy, and has a reputation for problems
Asus N55SF - Not ivy bridge yet, heavy

The MBPR specs will be:

2.6ghz Quad Core i7-3720qm
650m GDDR5 Graphics
512gb SSD
8gb RAM

So my question to you (If anyone even reads my blog :P ) is do you guys have any opinion on this. I will be paying $20,000HKD or around $2600. I plan to use this machine for occasional gaming, photography, student work and hopefully some pretty heavy video editing (Once I learn!)

No comments:

Post a Comment