Thursday 7 June 2012

New Computer Build

Previously I posted that I was going to upgrade an old dell dimension. I realised that it would turn out to be too expensive to be worth my money with all the over inflated prices on AGP cards and Rambus memory.

I now have acces to a new computer (My brothers old one). This has given me acces to a case and a hard drive to re-use in my new build. At the moment the computer has the following specs inside it. 
Pentium Dual core E5300 @3.3ghz
9500 GT DDR2 @ 775/1715/345
2GB DDR2 Ram @ 1066mhz
MP G31-M Motherboard
500GB Seagate Blue 
2x Noctua NF-R8 PWM Fans 

Random Foxconn Case :) 





Right, now onto the main point of this article. The computer I plan to build in the next month or so will be around $7000 HKD or $900. I'll be keeping the HDD and case from the current build so I'm saving money there. New specs:
GPU: Radeon 7850
CPU: i5 3570K
RAM: 8GB Any decent brand
PSU: 700w Modular power supply
Motherboard: Asus P8z77-M Pro
Cooler: Corsair H80
Fans: x2 Cougar CF-V12 HP

I plan to get a new case when I have a little more money as the the case I'm using at the moment is quite cramped and cabling (As you can see) is a bit of a problem. Also further down the line I plan to buy an SSD as a boot drive when the prices come down.


No comments:

Post a Comment